Por unos ojos cafes...
1. Columbus (5-1-0). Another team, another victim. Crew will be tested, though, with a pair of road games.
2. Chicago (4-1-1). Fire's defense molding into league's best.
3. FC Dallas (2-1-3). Road shutout is acceptable, even if San Jose's on the opposite side.
4. Toronto (3-2-1). Hard to imagine Toronto not competing for playoff spot.
5. New England (3-3-1). No goals for, seven allowed against Chicago, eight for, three allowed against rest of league.
6. Colorado (3-3-0). Comfortable Christian Gomez means trouble for rest of league.
7. Los Angeles (2-2-2). Sloppy defense holding back stellar offense.
8. Kansas City (3-3-1). Can this team score from run of play anymore?
9. New York (2-1-2). Not much to get excited about here.
10. Chivas USA (1-3-2). Finally, a full-strength lineup. And not coincidentally, a shutout.
11. Houston (0-2-4). Forget Ching-Caraccio tandem; nobody here is clicking.
12. DC United (2-4-0). Gotta get their act together to compete in tough conference.
13. Real Salt Lake (1-3-2). A draw that felt like a loss.
14. San Jose (1-3-1). Over-under for Earthquakes goals in 2008: 23. I'm taking under.