Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Tea and crumpets

An all-English Champions League final awaits fans today. It's only proper to check out the action with a crumpet in one hand and a beer in another. Or is it tea with the crumpet? I'm not sure. I'm not English. But Martin Rogers is, and he's invited a few fellow scribes to gather for the match. I had a prediction earlier this year - here it is. My prophecy is still alive to possibly become true. Let me add that I think Ronaldo and Hargreaves will score.
Out of curiosity, what score predictions, players getting goals, or plans to watch the finals do our readers have?

10 comments:

starinyourfire said...

that's awesome that you guessed the the right teams!

due to school and doctor appointments i think i might miss the game but i have Manchester United winning 3-2 with C. Ronaldo, Carrick and Rooney Scoring

Anonymous said...

Thank you again, A.C. & L.B. for participating in our friendly prediction round-table.

Sadly, I fell flat on my face with a Barca/Liverpool Final.

I guess I will give it another go.

Chelsea 1-0 ManU: Goal from Essien.

Enjoy the match with your colleagues.

Anonymous said...

i hate alex ferguson so i hope they don't win...

CACuzcatlan said...

I'm not sure who is going to win, but I predict something big from Schevchenko.

Anonymous said...

I will leave for lunch time earlier!, I want Chelsea to win. =)

PrimateWrangler said...

Ballack in the 37th 1-0

Anonymous said...

A late, questionable penalty called against Chelsea. Ronaldo buries it in the upper left corner to tie the match, 1-1 (Chelsea's goal, a wicked 23 yarder by Ballack in the 37th minute).
Goes to penalties - Ronaldo puts his into the stands and hands the match to Chelsea.

rosyf said...

shelbo: Too bad Terry handed the match back to Man U

Anonymous said...

LOL. Poor John Terry. Someone better keep an eye on that guy - don't let him near any sharp objects for a while!

Anonymous said...

Cheers Andrea, thanks for coming - glad you enjoyed the crumpets! Same thing again next year....