I didn't get a chance to make it to the Wizards locker room (where it would have been nice to interview the new DP, Claudio, say hi to 'El Gato' and collect a pithy quote from my fellow espn.com writer, JC), but this morning's email from Kansas City media dude Kyle Rogers contains more Wizards trivia than I could ever hope to collect in one post-game visit.
It's interesting, too, unlike a lot of press releases the league puts out.
Goalkeeper Kevin Hartman made six saves on the night, his second-best save performance of the season.
· In the 3rd minute, Hartman surpassed former teammate and current LA assistant coach Cobi Jones for 4th place on Major League Soccer’s all-time minutes list.
· In the 88th minute, Hartman surpassed current Real Salt Lake Head Coach Jason Kreis for 3rd place on the all-time list.
· Kreis and Real Salt Lake are the Wizards next opponents in MLS play.
· Hartman ended the game with 25,245 career minutes.
· He trails only New England midfielder Steve Ralston and former Wizards assistant Chris Henderson in career minutes.
· Hartman now has 1050 career saves, trailing only former Wizards standout Tony Meola on Major League Soccer’s all-time list.
· Hartman and defender Jimmy Conrad are the only Wizards to play all 810 minutes so far this season.
· Forward Claudio Lopez sits just behind Conrad and Hartman with 806 minutes and has played the entire 90 in six matches.
· Lopez recorded his 3rd goal of the season with a moment of individual brilliance in the first half.
· He is now tied with Conrad for the team lead in goals scored.
· It was the Wizards 3rd goal scored in open play this season.
· Midfielder Davy Arnaud made his first start of the season.
· With the appearance, Arnaud surpassed Matt McKeon for 6th place on the team’s all-time games played list.
· Five Wizards were born in the state of California: Myers, Victorine, Conrad, Kronberg and Wahl.
· Three Wizards formerly played professionally in the state. Hartman and Victorine both played for Los Angeles. Conrad played for San Jose before joining the Wizards.
· Former Wizards standout Chris Klein played 90 minutes at right back for LA.
· Four Wizards played collegiate soccer in at UCLA: Hartman, Conrad, Victorine and Myers.
· Hartman attended Cal-State Dominguez Hills for his first two seasons. Home Depot Center sits on the campus of CSDH.
· Conrad had 150 friends and family in attendance.
· Kansas City was without reserve defender Jonathan Leathers, who is in Toulon, France with the U.S. U-23 National Team