Just realized I never got around to making my weekly MLS rankings... Sorry about that...
1. D.C. United (16-6-6). Trying not to take foot off accelerator because if they do...
2. Chivas USA (15-6-6). ... this team will win Supporters' Shield.
3. New England (14-7-7). Road loss understandable given USOC final win.
4. Houston (14-8-6). But what excuse does Houston have?
5. Chicago (9-10-9). Blanco for MVP campaign officially kicks off.
6. FC Dallas (13-11-4). Hoops trying different approach: play inconsistent soccer in regular season in attempt to avoid Rapids in first round.
7. New York (11-11-6). Prime example of backing into playoffs: New York loses at Toronto, falls to 0-3-2 over last five but still punches postseason ticket.
8. Los Angeles (8-13-6). Win rest of games and they're in... but hasn't it been like that since Day One?
9. Kansas City (10-11-7). Wizards trying desperately to choke away third consecutive playoff spot; this team, though, might not let that happen.
10. Colorado (8-12-8). Poster children for making change to playoff system: the 2007 Colorado Rapids still have postseason hopes this late in the year.
11. Columbus (7-11-10). Is the Sigi Schmid Era nearing and end?
12. Toronto FC (6-16-6). Followed up stunning 2-1 result with a now-that's-more-like-it 1-0 loss.
13. Real Salt Lake (5-14-9). Relegation-worthy side.