Monday, October 15, 2007

Westin boys

For all you Mexico national team followers, the national team is staying at the Westin Bonaventure Hotel in L.A. If you hang out at the lobby, you may catch sight of young Gio or Hugo Sanchez or any of the other dozens of players/coaches/etc.

My schedule won't allow me to be out there but I've been at hotels where teams are staying at before and you'd be surprised how receptive players are when approached by fans. Well, soccer players anyway.

I'm not exactly posting some secrets on here with regards to the hotel. The Mexican federation's web site provided this info.

By the way, just for kicks I tried to reserve a room to see how much it costs. Cheap rooms start at $249 per night and go up through $599 per night. Maybe if they stayed at a Motel 6 then they wouldn't have to charge so much for their games.

3 comments:

JT Soccer said...

Maybe they got a good group rate ... and maybe kids (Gio, Vela, Mejia, Araujo, Villaluz, Arellano, Esparza) stay free?

Anonymous said...

Pet Shop Boys reference?

I don't know, Luis...

The Brofessor said...

Hang out in the lobby? Isn't that stalking?