Well, one week is in the books. Not quite time to crown anyone MLS Cup '08 champions or bury any club quite yet. We'll save that for, well, at least April... or maybe a little later than that.
1. New England. Thorough thrashing of MLS champions.
2. Kansas City. Lopez-Trujillo pairing looked dominant.
3. Chivas USA. Withstood unexpected loss of Claudio Suarez and scored clutch late equalizer.
4. Houston. Dynamo struggled in early part of 2007 too and came out just fine.
5. DC United. Did United have Pachuca on its mind?
6. Colorado. Despite losses due to injury everywhere on the field, Rapids looked dominant.
7. Chicago. Blanco needs offensive support.
8. FC Dallas. Seven minutes and a terrible clearance away from opening with home win.
9. New York. Wonder if not playing week one will hurt or help Red Bulls.
10. Real Salt Lake. Defense spotless for 91 minutes, but still not good enough.
11. Columbus. Was Crew that good or TFC that bad? Probably somehwere in middle.
12. Los Angeles. Scary thing is, it can get worse.
13. Toronto. Not even 2,500 traveling fans can motivate this sad sack of a team to score.
14. San Jose. Others' terrible play won't move 'Quakes up the chart... yet.