Here's how I see the teams entering the 2008 MLS season.
1. Houston. Defending champions already have quarterfinal win under their belt.
2. DC United. Like Houston, CONCACAF Cup campaign successful thus far.
3. Chivas USA. Brad Guzan a green light for the opener.
4. New England. Pat Noonan's loss significant but Revs still more than solid.
5. Kansas City. Claudio Lopez and Carlos Marinelli will shred defenses this year.
6. Chicago. Depth is question mark with this squad.
7. Colorado. Christian Gomez leads league's deepest midfield.
8. FC Dallas. Offensive strength in numbers with Toja, Cooper, Rocha, et al.
9. Los Angeles. Big Three a pretty damned good trio, but defense huge question mark.
10. New York. Instability reigns with Red Bulls.
11. Real Salt Lake. Collection of South Americans needs to shine.
12. Toronto FC. Roster offers better starting point than a year ago.
13. Columbus. Losses outnumbered gains.
14. San Jose. Only one way to go.