Monday, March 17, 2008

Cesar - the little emperor

Carlos Vela and Giovanni Dos Santos got most of the attention in Peru while winning the U17 World Cup with Mexico, but I was always impressed with Cesar Villaluz. I was happy when Cruz Azul, my favorite Mexican club team, signed him up. He's done pretty well on the field, even given Mexico's exit at the Olympic qualifying tournament, but I also admire how he handled himself after that fiasco. He's young, but he was honest and calm in admitting that he and his team fell short.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. I think Villaluz is overlooked because of Dos Santos and Vela, but he's a very good talent, and was the best Mexican player during these qualifiers.

rosyf said...

Yes! I´ve always liked Cesar, glad to have him on my Cruz Azul team, he reminds me of Stuart Little hahahaha