After having had the chance to digest a full weekend slate of games, from Thursday to Saturday, here are my weekly rankings. Yes, New York is on fire but I can't justify moving the Fire out of the top spot after they too won 1-0 on the road. That and, oh yeah, I think the Fire is just a better team right now than the Red Bulls.
1. Chicago. Nice way to take care of business on the road.
2. New York. Firing on all cylinders.
3. Kansas City. Too bad you can't play Toronto FC every four days.
4. Colorado. Good news: Bouna gets shutout. Bad news: Didn't come against the best competition.
5. Galaxy. Good news: Galaxy gets win. Bad News: Wait, the Galaxy beat Chivas? What else is new?
6. Columbus. Good to see Ezra get a goal.
7. New England. Taylor Twellman could get to 20 goals at this pace.
8. Chivas USA. Against their biggest rival in their biggest game, the team came out flat and lacked intensity. Completely unacceptable.
9. FC Dallas. Back-to-back shutout losses at home is pretty weak.
10.Houston. Maybe they need a DP after all.
11. Real Salt Lake. Guess the Open Cup match wasn't a big factor after all.
12. D.C. United. How the mighty have fallen.
13. Toronto. At least the Blue Jays are off to a decent start.