Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Faint praise for Dave?

In the Galaxy locker room this weekend, I was finishing up an interview with Pete Vagenas when I overheard Landon Donovan recording a promo for Dave Denholm's podcast.

I'm not sure if Dave fed him the line about "knows more than Bruce Arena" but I don't think so. That's because last year, when I wrote an article about how I thought it would benefit the U.S. team if Bruce Arena moved on (it was a pre-World Cup piece), I received a ton of negative feedback from many Arena fans. However, Dave wasn't one of them.

I ran into him at a practice and he was telling me how much he agreed with my article. In fact, he thought I'd been too kind to Arena and his tenure. So it's funny/ironic that Landon compared Dave's knowledge base to Arena.

No comments: