1. Colorado (4-2-3). Will challenge for Western crown all season.
2. New York (5-1-2). Juan Pablo Angel is easily the Red Bulls' best offseason acquisition.
3. Kansas City (5-2-1). How scary will this team be if Eddie Johnson can keep his play at this level all season?
4. New England (5-2-2). What was that?
5. FC Dallas (5-4-1). All losses have been by shutout.
6. D.c. United (3-3-1). Did what they needed to: beat a crappy opponent at home.
7. Chivas USA (3-3-2). This team ain't half bad. Now, they just need a few more pieces to vault to the list of contenders.
8. Chicago (3-4-2). Blanco can't get here soon enough.
9. Columbus (1-2-5). Five ties in eight games won't get you to the playoffs.
10. Galaxy (1-3-2). Why did the Galaxy trade Herculez Gomez and Ugo Ihemelu again?
11. Toronto FC (2-5-1). The first tie in club history! Uh, okay, so that's not too momentous of an occasion, but a road point is nice for them.
12. Houston (2-5-1). Imagine what this team will look like when they lose some players for the Gold Cup.
13. Real Salt Lake (0-3-5). A shame such fervent support is wasted on such a bad team.