Monday, May 28, 2007

A little credit

The LA Times' Grahame Jones was asking reporters in the press box on Saturday night if we were going to the U.S. training today. He said he'd be there, and a few other reporters indicated they'd go.

I wasn't too jazzed about messing with my Memorial Day plans, but I finally ventured out. I did miss most of the training, though (you can probably tell by the pics, no?), so please don't ask me who looked good during practice.

Turned out that Scott French was the only other journalist there. Both of us wondered, "Where the heck is Grahame?"

Hey, at least I was there for a little while. Luis was probably busy watching the Mexican League final.

6 comments:

L.B. said...

Actually, I was at home with the girls as my wife had to work. I didn't know the US was training today; otherwise, I probably would have gone.

Anonymous said...

Speaking of training, would you be willing to share training information in the San Jose area (if any)?

Thanks!

A.C. said...

What? You missed the final? Really?

A.C. said...

I'm probably not going to the U.S./China game. I also can't share info given to media - or I could lose my media credential. If you're persistent in looking for the information, though, you might find it. Call the playing venue in SJ, for example.

L.B. said...

I watched the final on TiVo on Sunday night. It started at 6 but I didn't start watching it until 6:15 or so and then had to stop for about 40 minutes while I made the girls dinner (I pulled a Sunday work shift at home too, my wife had a day out with her girlfriend).

Cuauhtemoc Blanco scored a great goal too. If I find it on youtube, I'll put it up.

Anonymous said...

That was a good goal. Temo put the ball "donde las araƱas hacen su nido."

Here's the link to the goal, I would have embeded the video but embeding is apperantly not allowed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLu1TYP3Ec