Monday, May 21, 2007

Rangers season wrap

This story is from the Glasgow Evening Times. Apparently, they still publish an evening newspaper in Glasgow. That's hard to imagine out here in Southern California.

According to Thomas Jordan, the writer of the story, Rangers has quite a bit of work to do in the offseason. Finishing second best to Celtic is never easy to accept but neither is losing the last two games of the season no matter how meaningless they are. Thomas is pretty harsh to Rangers but they probably deserve it I suppose.

I like the assessments of each player at the end of the story. I have thought about doing the same things during Chivas USA and Galaxy games but I just haven't taken the plunge I suppose.

I wonder how many Scottish media members will be out there for the game and how many of them made the trip from Glasgow for the match. If this was a preseason match, I might expect more Scottish media than local media but seeing as how it is at the end of a disappointing campaign, I'm not sure how many of them will make the 10-hour flight.

No comments: