Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Who ate all the pies?

I don't have much of a sweet tooth problem - although I actually like pies a lot more than cakes, because I don't really like frosting.

If there's such a thing as a fried/salty tooth, though, then I've got it bad. Whether it's wontons, fried plantains, french fries, egg rolls, latkes, whatever.

The thing is, I'm not a professional athlete, so it's not like my job is on the line if I indulge. Still, I can sympathize with anyone who has faced the realization that age has robbed one of the all-forgiving metabolism of youth.

Having come to an awareness of that fact, and dealing with it appropriately, has actually brought Clint Mathis back a bit to the days of his youth.

The taste of victory is probably sweeter than that of any pie.

Probably. I'd have to try the pie first, myself, just to be sure.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a great article, Andrea. You really know how to get these guys to open up and talk.

Anonymous said...

I think the ABC7 news last night was talking about how some people have a "fat tooth."

A.C. said...

Actually, the day I did the interview with Clint, I drove out to the hotel where the team was staying. He met me in the lobby and seemed more relaxed than players usually are at practices when they're leaving the field.

Little things like that help a good interview along.

Eeek on the "fat tooth" info. I probably have that.