Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Hi Mom!

If I'd known I was going to be filmed today, I'd have dressed differently and put on some makeup.

While I was interviewing Chivas USA players and coaches, a British TV crew was doing the same thing.

Then they asked me for a few remarks on camera. It turned out that they were putting together a feature on John Cunliffe, the Brit who plays for Chivas USA. They wanted a local reporter's perspective on their man.

Honestly, it was a BHD - bad hair day - for me and I'd have loved to pass the opportunity to Luis or someone else, but I was the only local press there and felt duty-bound to represent our ranks as best I could. So I agreed to answer a few questions. It was fun, actually. Rob Stone, look out!

The British guys were willing to dish, as well, as they knew about the Guevara trade and told me how the move surprised them. By that point, I did too, but I never asked them how they found out.

No comments: