Thursday, May 3, 2007

Jason Kreis retires

This is the year it's going down - Cobi Jones announces he's done at the end of the season, Chris Armas says it's his last year, and the Emperador looks to do the same.

I asked Jason his thoughts on the matter earlier this year.

"It’s a question that’s been asked of me several times, because I’ve obviously had some injury issues and had a few surgeries. It’s part of the business. If I’m playing well, though, then I hope to play this season and the next."

Of course, the move to an abrupt and instant retirement comes with a new job - Jason is going to coach his team. John Ellinger gets moved out to director of player development.

The Steve Pastorino resignation does go through, but I firmly believe he is too talented to remain idle. I think one of the expansion groups trying to bring a new team along should snap him up.

No comments: