Sunday, September 9, 2007

Casey in the box

The visitor's box, that is. Rapids forward Conor Casey, who has battled an inflamed knee this season, got into the elevator after the Galaxy/Rapids game ended to go down to the locker rooms.

"They could have used you today, Conor," I told him.

He nodded. "Yeah. I wanted to be there. I thought, maybe I'd get to make the bench, in case they need me."

"Fernando didn't want to risk it, did he?" I questioned.

He shook his head. "Naw."

"Well, he probably doesn't want you to push it and get injured again. You guys have a playoff run to make, don't you?"

He smiled. "Exactly."

The elevator opened and Luis and I headed out. Luis asked me if I'd interviewed Conor before.

"Nope," I answered. "He's probably wondering who the heck is asking him all these questions."

2 comments:

JT Soccer said...

Well done AC - Catch them off guard and you may get that nugget of truth they wouldn't otherwise let out!

Anonymous said...

Despite a tougher schedule, Chicago is in the driver's seat after tonight.

Colorado looked terrible against the Galaxy and could have easily conceded 2 more goals. If you're on a play-off push, when you play the worst team in the league you need to get a result.

If they make the play-offs, which I hope they do, Chicago is a team that no one will what to play.

Matt L