Monday, September 24, 2007

Aww, missing the dirty deets

"Landon got a yellow for I don't know what," Frank said in the post-game presser.

Landon had a bit of a clue. He'd kicked the ball back into the goal after putting away the second penalty opportunity.

As Yallop pointed out, the referee did the Galaxy no favors by ordering a retake, because since Landon had put away the rebound, it actually gave Dario Sala another chance to save a goal. The pressure was on Landon more than ever.

"I'd have been disappointed if Landon missed it," Frank admitted.

Sala did his best to throw Landon off.

"Sala had some interesting words for me in Spanish," Landon said. "I don't know why he was yelling at me, but after I scored, I wanted to make sure he knew."

That's why there was the emphatic kick.

"I didn't say anything to him. After the first one, after they called it back, he was cursing at me in Spanish. I have no idea why."

And no, Landon wouldn't tell me exactly what Dario said.

No comments: