Monday, March 3, 2008

Live on TV, online

I was searching last week for some sort of broadcast schedule for the Olympic qualifying matches. Hopefully I'll be at the doubleheaders here at HDC but I won't be in Tampa and definitely won't be in Nashville so I need to get my Under-23 fix somehow.

Turns out, I'll only need to tune in to Fox Soccer Channel to do so. FSC will air the U.S. matches as well as the semifinals, third-place and final matches. ESPN Deportes will carry every match of the qualifying tournament. All games will also be available live on ESPN360.com as well.

I know this may seem like a minor detail, as if these games would have to be shown on FSC or ESPN or Gol TV, but I remember four years ago I went to some bar in Colton or Pomona or somewhere nearby to watch the U.S.-Mexico semifinal game. I don't remember if any of those games were shown anywhere.

No comments: