Thursday, July 5, 2007

Top picks

Without revealing all of my All-Star ballot, I can identify where my picks matched with the compiled fan and media players voted in.

MLS First XI

Goalkeeper: Matt Reis (New England Revolution)

Defenders: Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Jimmy Conrad (Kansas City Wizards), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution)

Midfielders: Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Dwayne De Rosario (Houston Dynamo), Christian Gomez (D.C. United), Shalrie Joseph (New England Revolution), Juan Toja (FC Dallas)

Forwards: Juan Pablo Angel (Red Bull New York), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards)

I voted for JPA and EJ, I voted for Rico and Toja and I voted for Conrad. As far as the local teams go, I don't think I voted for any Galaxy players. I voted for Brad Guzan of Chivas USA, though.

Honestly, I was a bit surprised to see Bornstein on the list. I don't think he's played that well for Chivas USA, though he hasn't played bad at all, I'd add. Yet he certainly hasn't had the offensive punch he did last year, with no goals or assists this season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

No LD. The "face" of the MLS didn't make the first XI. It would be interesting to see how he faired with each of the public, media, coaches, etc.

He really should go play abroad, for his good and the good of US soccer. A mid-table team in Spain would be a good destination for him.

A.C. said...

Donovan being the best player on a poor Galaxy squad doesn't necessarily garner votes.

Mamacita Chilena said...

Great blog, I'll be coming back on a regular basis.

(I found this by a link from si.com)

L.B. said...

Thanks, mamacita!

Chile's got a monster challenge in Copa America coming up against Brazil, so either you'll be amidst a huge party or a state of mourning sometime soon.