Saturday, July 21, 2007

View from abroad

Here's a story from the Times Online's Matt Dickinson about David Beckham's new career.

Dickinson also talks about the celebrity party afterward, which apparently all players were invited to.

"There is a goofiness about his team-mates even when they talk about going to the celebrity party laid on by Will Smith and Tom Cruise tomorrow night to welcome the Beckhams to LA. His team-mates are so low down the celebrity pecking order that they are going to have remember their invites to get past security."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, is there anything else going on in MLS besides Beckham and what every pundit thinks about him? Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous because he's playing for the other L.A. team, it's just that I have a feeling other things are going on in MLS at the moment. I could be wrong.


I wonder what Beckham is doing right now...

Anonymous said...

Is Will Smith a Scientologist as well?

Anonymous said...

I think the Chelsea players are probably right alongside the Galaxy players--not named David Beckham--as far as A-List celebs here in the States.

I'm not saying anything, I'm just sayin'.