Sunday, April 13, 2008

Who said it?


Yesterday, at the Galaxy practice, I only got to talk to one player after I finished my interview with the Cubans.
Here's what he had to say about facing Toronto in the heat of the noontime Southern California sun.

"Yeah, for sure (I’m ready), especially since the season has started and I’m feeling more comfortable. We’ve been building every week, though we had a tough first week. We’re getting together a good starting unit and we'll try to keep adding up the numbers in the win column."

"Both teams have to play in the heat. We’re used to about seventy-degree weather and they’re used to forty-degree weather, so I think they have to deal with it a little bit more. I think we have a good fitness base, so I think we’re really prepared to play in anything."

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was it Landon Donovan?

A.C. said...

No, it wasn't. Actually, I did get a few words from Landon, but that was before I talked to the Cubans. The timing is a clue, because the interview with the trio took a while.

Anonymous said...

beckham? it doesn't sound like him but I figure hes one of the last to get done with the media?

Anonymous said...

Jazic? He's the only one who could know how the temperature can get in canada.

A.C. said...

Nope, both wrong. Beckham doesn't speak to the media after practice most days. There is one day in which he does so, and I missed it this week.

BRC said...

Carlos Ruiz?
Is he "baby sitting" the Cubans?

nothingtoseehere said...

Randolph?

A.C. said...

Nope, nope, no one got it yet.

Anonymous said...

Was it Steve Cronin?

A.C. said...

Yep, you're right this time, howie1979. The goalkeepers often take a little extra bit of practice and walk off the field last.

Anonymous said...

Hey AC, keep that trivia coming! BTW its howie1976 not howie1979...although that would make me 3 years younger! :)