Thursday, April 24, 2008

Frank Franchino

Left over from the interview with Joe:

On the Galaxy, then and now-
A lot has changed. I see just Cobi when I walk in and Pete. There’s very few guys here, the whole organization has changed, the team has changed, the stadium has changed. We used to play at the Rose Bowl. Pete and I were talking about that today.

Losing to LA twice in MLS Cup -
At those times, I was with the Revolution. We fought together. We had a great, cohesive team. We came up short, but we had a great team. They continue to have a good side. That’s what we need here –is chemistry. Maybe in ’05, the Galaxy had it. I wasn’t here. I know in New England, chemistry is a huge thing. I can see it here. I can see it building.

On his role in turning the Houston game around -
I wouldn’t say I was a huge impact on that. I think it was more my teammates stepping up and whatever was said in the locker room that motivated them.

Do people expect the Franchino of his early Galaxy days?
The organization has changed. The players have changed and there’s a lot of talent. It’s a matter of getting the chemistry right and everybody fighting for each other and fighting for the club. Whatever your role is, you just go out and try to perform it the best you can. That’s all I’m here for.

On praise from Becks-
I don’t know what he said, but anything, if it’s coming from Becks – I know he has a great eye for the game. He’s been with great players, and I appreciate that. But at the same time, I don’t feel 100%. I want to work towards that.

Talking with Nicol about his future -
I was able to play my first 90 in a reserve game against Kansas City. I had a conversation with Stevie. We were on the same page. He felt like I could still play.

His Galaxy future-
I’m excited about the club and the opportunity, but at the same time, it’s not going to be easy, just jumping into this team, because we have good players. I’m just going to come out and do my best to make it worthwhile.
I have to come out and earn it. They threw me in the game, but that doesn’t matter. Every day, you’ve got to earn it and come out and become 100 percent and try to earn a spot. Whatever my role is, my expectations are high for this club and I want to be a part of it.

No comments: