Thursday, April 24, 2008

Familiar face looking for new start

I had a hunch that Cobi Jones, the Galaxy's assistant coach, had a lot to do with the team bringing in Joey Franchino, so I asked Franchino about it. What's interesting there is that Joe and Cobi had epic battles in the Revs/Galaxy clashes of yesteryear, but they apparently always maintained respect for each other. Franchino seemed sincere when he talked about how he appreciated Cobi. Here's the article.
Even if Cobi spoke up for Franchino, I still give Gullit a lot of credit for playing the new guy - heck, Ruud even gave himself credit for it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your writing. Every time I read one of your articles, I end up with a smile.

A.C. said...

Aww, that made my day! Thanks.

charlesj27 said...

Seriously though, A.C. - it was a very good piece. I believe that Joey Franchino has grown a lot from all of his ordeals. It's natural... When any of us are young - all of us think we need to always do bold things, say bold things - otherwise life isn't just as grand... but, as any of gets older... and, we have other people to think about in our lives... it's not about boldness, but being smart... being true... being a role-model. Your interview with Joey was a very nice read. Thanks for going out there practically everyday - and getting back the word to your readers. Though it may not seem like it on a daily basis - but, the news and info that you and L.B. provide is both timely and valuable. Peace!