Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Mo's def

I finally had the opportunity to go to US training camp today. I'll post some audio of here shortly.

I went out for the Press-Enterprise as I'm writing a feature on local boy Maurice Edu. Local guys always draw more interest in the PE and I'm lucky that the best American is from the IE. But guys like Edu also draw interest and I had the chance to talk to him and to Todd Dunivant about Edu.

I like Mo's chances of starting on Saturday against Sweden. It seems his main competition will be Ricardo Clark and Sacha Kljestan. My guess is that Bradley goes with two of those three to start the game. Edu of course has two 90-minute games under his belt already so he's proven himself in somewhat adverse conditions (1-0 wins at Switzerland and at South Africa).

Edu has a bit of history out here at HDC. Ironically, he's yet to play as a pro here but he probably will play on Saturday here and played a memorable game here while with Maryland in 2004.

Anyway, the story's running on Thursday so keep an eye out for that.

No comments: