Sunday, January 20, 2008

Happy, so happy together

Yep, this was taken after they won the match and one set a historic record. Can't you tell by how thrilled they look?


East River said...

Not to nick pick but I've been wondering all day about your post. Do you mean to imply that Bradley and Donovan have strictly a business relationship and not an utter love fest between the 2? Thats not to say that they dislike each other.

A.C. said...

I didn't really mean it as deeply meaningful or with any dark implication. I took the picture to commemerate the aftermath of the game and it struck me as somewhat amusing that they didn't look so happy.
If I were to speculate, though, I'd say that players adapt and adopt some of the outlook of their coaches - Bradley is all business, and Donovan has probably taken on that approach.

FC Uptown said...

Wow, BB in full "Protect and Serve" RoboCop mode here.

JT (Chicago) said...

I heard a comment by Donovan on a CSRN 2Gs interview about how he felt about not being captain last year. He sounded a bit upset by it, perhaps more so with himself than with Bradley but who knows? Sometimes with his comments, I think LD is a deadpan genius ... or not.