Saturday, January 26, 2008

Are you registered?

If there was ever a day to take good pictures for the blog, the Soccer Celebrity Challenge would be it, but I dropped my faithful little digital camera and now it's broken.
I can't feel even a little bit sorry for myself today, though, not when covering an event that helps highlight what real struggle is all about by showcasing the difference bone marrow transplants can make in the lives of many people fighting deadly diseases.
I'm in the bone marrow registry - I got tested and signed up years ago. It's especially important for minorities to join the registry, because right now there are so few of them in the database.
Mia emphasized that point when I talked to her. I had to wait a while for that chat, because she was signing autographs for fans for a long, long, time.

1 comment:

JT Soccer said...

Very true AC. When Hamm held the first fundraising match in Milwaukee in '97, I signed up to the registry. Though I haven't been called, a soccer friend of mine was called to donate a few years ago. He signed up as a result of reading the story about Garrett Hamm. I urge everybody to sign up if you can.