Sunday, September 2, 2007

The PK

Me: When's the last time you missed two in a row? We had to go back to '05 to find when you'd missed one.

Landon: Never. It's just - no.

Me: Never?

Landon: Never. Especially in consecutive games. Everybody misses, I guess. I smashed it. It almost went behind his head when he saved it. He had a good save. I told myself I was just going to hit it hard. Give him credit - he made a good save on it.

Me: After Pachuca, you talked about how it would have made a difference if you hit it low, but you didn't hit this one low, either. Why?

Landon: I don't know. It's an instinctual thing. When you get up to the ball, you decide. I tried not to overthink it, but I couldn't have done more than that. I wanted to hit it hard and I wanted to hit it that way. He did a good job to get to it.

No comments: