Thursday, September 13, 2007

Letters

I got some e-mails following my Mexico-Brazil column but since the readers didn't provide e-mail addresses, I'll answer them here.

Thanks for covering El Tri in English. Andres Cantor used "Memo" too. Is that new and what is the meaning? Chris, Atlanta

Hey Chris. Memo is short for Guillermo. Cantor was apparently fond of it at times because he said at one point "Memo! Memo! Memo! Con mayusculas!" (the last part means with capital letters)
---

Here you go again, don't give me this crap. Mexico is too slow and will never win against a full brasil or arg team. most of the players are stuck playing in mexico. come on man! Mexico should be ranked 50th is the world. The game should have ended 8-1. Maybe, mexico should find more south americans to add to the team. REMEMBER MEXICO NEVER BEAT A FULL BRASIL TEAM.

Sigh. I don't know why I bother sometimes. Mexico never beat a full Brazil team? Well, I guess this never happened. Must be more of my "crap." This person didn't leave a name so I can't tell if this is an irate US fan or an irate Brazilian or Central American or Norwegian or whatever - it really doesn't matter (though I doubt this guy's from Norway). Some people are quick to dismiss performances like yesterday and explain away results like Mexico's 2-0 win over Brazil in June.

4 comments:

Mister Zero said...

The balls died on that double decker field. Nobody could run that fast either.

Anonymous said...

Mexico is too slow? Has he seen Guardado or Castillo play?

L.B. said...

Apparently not.

Guardado does everything fast. I think he sleeps fast.

JT Soccer said...

LB, before, back in the day, a lot of Americans just ignored Mexican futbol - maybe had no clue it was being played. Even 12 years ago, that was probably the case. Now so many Americans truly hate Mexican futbol and downgrade it at every opportunity.

It just boggles the mind. If they ever watched the league play or the matches that weren't against the USA, they would see all the great (and the sometimes bad) futbol being played so close to home.

Anyway, MEMO! MEMO! MEMO!