Monday, September 10, 2007

Chivas-Bulls

Some stories on the fallout from Chivas USA's 3-0 win over New York on Sunday from the Bueno bros.

My reaction story: I talked to Jason Hernandez about shutting down Juan Pablo Angel. Hernandez has played sparingly this year but played the best I've seen him play in a long time, maybe ever, on Sunday. For him to continue to improve while not playing consistently says a lot about his mentality and work ethic. Shavar Thomas and Claudio Suarez are still the clear-cut starters but having Hernandez in tow like this should give Chivas confidence that they've got some cover back there.

But that wasn't the whole story. Galindo bagged a couple and Razov had a PK and Chivas avoided a letdown.

New York's tale: Despite the rout, the Red Bulls locker room was apparently not the morgue you'd have expected. I didn't go into their locker room so I wished my brother Danny luck with Bruce Arena. I was worried Bruce may have been rather upset, but if he was he didn't take it out on the reporters.

1 comment:

JT Soccer said...

I heard that Arena was convinced that his side had the better of play and was just unlucky against ChivasUSa.

After the win over the Fire last week, Arena said he had prepared his team to counter Chicago's attack after watching video.

I wonder what happened to his ChivasUSA video session?