Monday, August 6, 2007

Claudio clubs it





Claudio Suarez was explaining that ex-Galaxy goalkeeper, Jorge Campos, actually got several members of the Mexican national team started on golfing.

Apparently, they were staying at a fancy
U.S. resort and were offered free rounds of golf.

Campos went for it, and persuaded a few teammates to go along. Cla
udio says he thinks the game is becoming more popular in Mexico, especially with the success of Lorena Ochoa.

All that might be true, but when Claudio himself plays, he hits the ball a little like he's trying to kill a gopher with his club.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as he was preparing his swing, a bee flew towards Claudio, forcing him to wildly shoo it away with his club...

Anonymous said...

From the look of his follow through it looks like he's played about 2 rounds of golf in his life..

I can also see the difference between Chivas USA and LA Galaxy-I am sure the Gal's golf tournament would be at something a little pricier/snootier than Montebello GC :)

From the look of that putt I suspect Luis has been on a golf course more than a few times :)

A.C. said...

I have yet to go to the Galaxy golf event, so I couldn't tell you what it's like.

Luis was pretty nervous about playing with the pros, but I think he did fine.

I'm more of a mini-golfer, myself, though I also like the driving range. I just picture the little golf ball is the head of someone I dislike, and that motivates me to hit it as hard as I can. Accuracy is overrated on the driving range.