Thursday, August 30, 2007

LD on SJ

Landon Donovan ran the mixed zone gauntlet like a trooper - answering whatever the reporters asked, sometimes over and over. After a couple of questions about the match, I asked him if he'd be interested in joining Frank Yallop in San Jose, if Frank ended up there.

"That's pretty speculative," answered Donovan, "I don't even know what to say. I've never even thought about it. What's my wife going to do?"

Donovan's wife is a TV actress with a regular series that shoots in LA.

I also told him Real Salt Lake was now ahead of the Galaxy on points. Landon hadn't heard that.

"Did they win? Great. I didn't know. I had other things to be worried about."

2 comments:

Jess said...

So whats going on with Frank. Did I miss something? Becks alluded to them playing for the manager. What's the deal?

A.C. said...

The speculation has been heavy for a while that Frank is on his way out - paying the price for the Galaxy's poor record.