Thursday, July 19, 2007

MLS Magazine is here!

Besides the oft-repeated refrain of "take better pictures" (fine, buy me a better camera), I'm not always sure what readers want from our blog, so I was happy to get some advice last night from a regular reader. He wants me to caption the photos better.

I'll try.

This is the MLS Magazine Luis and I both contributed to. It's nice, high quality paper, not like a light Freekick stock, and it's got tons of info. There's a piece editor Scott French wrote about Landon and Bianca, and I wrote one about Blanco. Luis wrote about the SuperLiga.

Becks is the coverboy.

Landon and his wife Bianca - two careers going strong.

Jimmy Conrad looks like he has his eye on that All-Star trophy.


You can order the magazine here.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where can you get this magazine? I'd like to buy one.

A.C. said...

I added a link to the post.

Anonymous said...

It looks great and I love the idea of folks (eventually) seeing MLS on the news stands.

But here's my one hang-up: Whenever I pick up soccer magazines to browse through, all the news and articles seem a bit stale. And this is coverage of leagues I don't follow too closely.

I follow MLS news online every day. What does the magazine offer me aside from some pretty pictures?

Unknown said...

Is this MLS Mag an official from MLS? If so why does the website look so amateur and where is the promotion on MLSnet.com?

A.C. said...

I think MLS is cooperating, but I'm not sure it's a league publication. I do contract work for the mag - I know nothing about how it is run, other than that Scott is the editor and Terry the publisher.

I'm not going to argue the merits of timeliness, because I think the web has any print publication beat there, but the magazine offers a lot of unique features. Where else are you going to get an article on Quavas Kirk and his crazy suits?

Anonymous said...

"FC Toronto" on the cover of the mag?

If this is league publication, someone needs to be fired. It's "Toronto FC".

Anonymous said...

this idea was much cooler and frankly , better looking when it was called STRIKER...

A.C. said...

Striker didn't really focus much on MLS, really. This is definitely a mag for MLS fans.

Anonymous said...

watch out for typos, this is done on the cheap. its disgraceful