Saturday, July 14, 2007

Player perceptions


Since he couldn't practice due to injury, Galaxy defender Chris Albright attended David Beckham's presentation and was acknowledged by Alexi Lalas and cheered by Galaxy fans.

"My reception was just behind Mayor Villaraigosa's," joked Chris.

He rolled his eyes a little bit when asked about rumors of tension between Lalas and Frank Yallop, perpetuated partly by outgoing player Santino Quaranta.

"Santino? That guy. I think the atmosphere is great. I think it's positive right now. We went 2-1-1 in the last four games. We could have snuck a few more points out, but I think our offense is clicking and our defense is getting better. I think Alexi and Frank are on the same page and this is something that's going to further unite everyone moving forward."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for asking Chris that question. And I loved his response, especially his "Santino? That guy?"

Anonymous said...

Reading this blog is a little like trying to subsist on ketchup. You go in thinking tomatoes, sugar, a little vinegar. What's not to like? And then you after you consume everything available you wander away trying to figure out why you're still completely empty.

So many posts. So little substance.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I shouldn't have said that. It was hurtful and unnecessary. Overwhelmed by the Beckham circus. I apologize.

Anonymous said...

How about don't be anonymous about it if you're going to bash, mkay?

Anonymous said...

Sorry again, I have more personalities than Sybil.