Wednesday, July 11, 2007

New unis

I was called in from the bullpen for a Galaxy uniform story today. I got an e-mail asking if I'd be able to write a story on the Galaxy uniforms for MLSnet.com. I cover Chivas USA for MLSnet.com but I've filled in with Galaxy stories before.

I was able to talk to Alexi Lalas and he said the Galaxy would use one of their new jerseys on Tuesday against Tigres and the other against Chelsea. He wouldn't say which jersey they'd use on which day but my guess is they'll use their best one against Chelsea, which would be their white kit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sorry, I am not trying to be too negative but I think it is so pathetic and overreaching for front offices to change team colors, logos, and such at the drop of a hat. This is part of the credibility problem MLS has IMHO.

Anonymous said...

why are they changing uniforms in the middle of the season? i don't care if the pope comes to play for the Galaxy. how is the world supposed to respect the league with bush moves like these.