Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Golf for a cause

The charity events MLS teams do (like golf tournaments) are hosted by sponsors, so players have to show up, but it's also a time for teammates to bond outside of the regular grind of practice.

Lance Parker poses on the course with the energy drink models.

Bobby Burling gets in the buffet line.
Alecko Eskandarian shares a table with teammates and other event participants.
Jim Curtin picks up his welcome packet for the event.
Ante Razov checks out the items for the charity auction. Can anyone guess what I find curious about this picture?



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any hints? Is it about Ante, or the background?

betch said...

I'm wondering if those sunglasses belong to Ante or someone else.

A.C. said...

Hey, Betch is right. That's what I couldn't figure out. If they are Ante's, he's wearing them on the back of his collar, which I've never seen before. Is that what all the cool kids are doing these days?

L.B. said...

I don't wear them like that because I'm afraid they'll fall. Well that and I'm not a cool kid.

betch said...

If that's how the cool kids are wearing their sunglasses, this is the first I've heard of it. I'm actually really wondering if someone was messing with him when you took that picture. If so, nice prank.

Anonymous said...

His shirt doesn't have the Chivas logo on it like the other shirts. He'll probably be traded but they don't want to announce anything until after the All-Stale game.

I love starting rumors!

Anonymous said...

i know this is a bit late, but ante putting the sunglasses off the back of his collar is totally old school (at least from my point of view). a bunch of people when i was growing up used to do that. and that was the 1st thought i had when i saw the picture: "total old school." ha ha, good to see.