Monday, June 11, 2007

Revs back home

After Saturday's U.S. game, I figured I'd talk to Taylor Twellman and Steve Ralston about playing for the U.S. at Gillette Stadium. I thought it could turn into a nice story about their affinity for the area and how great it would be to play Gold Cup games in front of their fans and all that.

Instead, neither gave me that impression at all. I didn't talk to Michael Parkhurst but he may very well have given me the same type of response.

---
“We’ve got a big game on Tuesday to kind of keep the roll going,” Twellman said. “I’ll play anywhere as long as I’m in the starting lineup. I couldn’t care less if that game was in Timbuktu. I don’t care.”

Said Ralston: “I’m proud to wear the jersey wherever it is. It’s nice to go back home to see my family and all but I’m proud to wear it wherever I am.”
---

Having said that, I instead used the above info as part of a wrap-up story for MLSnet.com, wrapping up the U.S. participation out here in the Gold Cup and effectively passing the torch off.

No comments: