Friday, June 22, 2007

El Galaxy

Okay, it's Friday morning and I've got my interviews transcribed (finally). My daughters are fighting in the other room so this story will be interesting to write.

I'm writing my Galaxy Hispanic story. If you haven't been following, the Galaxy had exactly zero players of a Hispanic background on their squad until they signed Carlos Pavon earlier this week. Even now, the Galaxy has twice as many Canadians on their roster than Hispanic players.

I'm not saying it's good or bad, at least not for the purposes of this story. But to say that it's not a story is foolish. The Galaxy have always had a Hispanic presence on their team and it's Los Angeles of all places, El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de Los Angeles de Porciuncula actually.

Anyway, if I can fight off sleep and two girls bent on terrorizing each other, I'll get that done sooner rather than later. Otherwise, it's going to have to wait until naps.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

frankly i don't care if the players are from Mars, Latin Mars or anywhere else. just play well and win matches. why does everybody continually make a big deal about representing particular ethnic groups?