Monday, June 25, 2007

Sporting News radio

It's not often I get on the main page at SI.com. It happened once before, when I wrote one of my best columns for SI and one that generated quite a bit of interesting fan reaction.

If you go to SI.com right now, you'll see me there. Well, you'll see a bold BUENO there, and that's good enough for me. Soccer doesn't get front-page treatment a whole lot but with the Gold Cup final and the US-Mexico rivalry, that's apparently enough to get something on the main page there.

Anyway, that may have led to me being contacted by a national radio show. I'll be on the Dave Smith Show on Sporting News Radio sometime in the 11 am (PT) hour, either :25 or :45. If I recall correctly, Dave Smith used to do a show out here in LA on 1540 and/or 570. Not sure, but his name rings a bell. Then again, it's a common name so maybe I'm confusing him with someone else.

Still, it's pretty cool. I have no idea what they're going to ask me other than it'll be about the Gold Cup final.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats. That's big time.

Don't forget about the little guys when we see you in the pressbox next time.

A.C. said...

Whoo hooo! Luis goes to the show.

I've got radio news of my own. I'm going to be on In the Net tomorrow, the Revs-based radio show hosted by Brad Feldman.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations.

How did it go?

P.S. - love the blog. Very well done. You should get a sponsor. Maybe a little touch-up on the graphics/colors.

D said...

AC: Ask Feldman if it is true that zombies feast on human brains. After all, he's dead to us.

Unless, of course, he still believes that the DCU front office put those banners together in the parking lots at RFK, rather than the supporters. ;)