Friday, June 22, 2007

A moment of joy

Herculez Gomez didn't realize that the U.S. was taking a little longer to release their official Copa America roster. He just figured he wasn't on it, because the deadline passed and no word arrived for him.

In fact, an old Galaxy friend of Herc's found out before he did.

“It was pretty weird. I was one of the last ones to leave today. I was sitting in the cold tub, talking to Greg Vanney, and checking my voice mail. So I checked one voice mail and it was Marcelo Saragosa and he left a message saying, ‘Hello, my friend! Congratulations! I saw the roster.’ I’m like, ‘What?’ As soon as I’m trying to repeat the message, our team administrator walks in and says, ‘Congratulations, you’re going to Venezuela.’”


I'm guessing that Marcelo had a peek at the roster that came in announcing Drew Moor had made the squad.

I'll have more from my interview with Herc later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome what a way to find out, went from bummed out to elated! Congrats herc and to the rest of the guys!