Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My favorite goal of the year

In case you didn't watch the San Luis-Pumas highlights I linked to below, you may have missed one of the best goals scored this year. Braulio Luna's goal against Pumas is easily the goal of the year in Mexico.

Here's how MedioTiempo.com described it:

"It was an impressive goal, one of the best that Mexico has seen in recent years... with a very European style that is not often seen in Mexico."



The other goal in this clip was the third goal, by Tressor Moreno. On most any other week, it would have been the top goal but it was overshadowed by Braulio Luna's golazo.

6 comments:

Nathan Henderson-James said...

Hey, are you guys going to comment on the deal in La Opinion today? I only saw a picture with a caption that read (poorly translated using my high school Spanish), "The Mexican player admits he thought playing in MLS would be an easy thing."

I'd love to know what the highlights from that story were. Unless it was just a picture.

I'd also like to know who the player was since I could only see the below-the-fold part of the paper. I'm assuming it was Blanco.

Love your blog.

Unknown said...

maybe better even than either of those goals is the great clip video. nice production work there.

Anonymous said...

Nathan,

the story is about Blanco, who does admit that he thought playing int he MLS would be easy.

But he was wrong, he goes on to say.

"I had said before, and I'll say it again, I thought that it was going to be easy playing here, but it's not."

The article was mainly about Club America's currently sucking right now, and whether he could return to America or the national team. He said he might, but that he's focused with the Fire.

The rest of the article goes on to say he should be considered an early favorite for player of the month and that the Fire are off to a great start to the season.

I'm not Luis or Andrea, but hope it helps you just the same.

Nathan Henderson-James said...

Thanks, anon. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Unknown said...

Not only were the goals incredible, that video was incredible!

Anonymous said...

Yeah got to say their use of breaking down the positioning and the moves that were made on that goal was outstanding. Let only the goal was pure brilliance. But the analysis was just outstanding and puts to shame John Harkes over reliance on the synethic(sp) video from the last US v. Mexico match.