Monday, June 4, 2007

Devil is in the details

Or is it God that sweats the small stuff? Whatever.

Anyway, I just noticed something about my Lee Nguyen article. There's a pic that accompanies the piece and I realized that I was actually interviewing him when it was taken.


So yes, that's me he's looking at, probably trying to figure out what I'm saying (I mumble at times - hey, I'm working on it).

Can anyone guess how I figured out when the pic was taken and how I'm sure I was there?

I'll pop back on and explain, but someone has to guess.

8 comments:

menonita said...

hi! it is very good blog. i like here :) writings are ver nice if u want to see mine it is
http://www.terrakki.net/

L.B. said...

If you look closely at his eye, you can see A.C.'s reflection in there...



or not.

Anonymous said...

He's not looking you in the eyes, but a bit farther down?

Anonymous said...

remember him wearing a backpack

Kiet Dinh said...

The background tree on the very left side of the photo is in fact the top of A.C.'s hair???

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that - because he is only 5'8" - you might be the only reporter he has to look down at :)

L.B. said...

Okay, I'll take another stab at it.

I'm guessing Lee Nguyen has never been to a camp at HDC, and you were there for every one of his HDC training sessions, and that's obviously the HDC training fields in the background, and you were the only reporter he talked to last week.

I'm probably way off. I'm going with ed ho's guess, actually.

A.C. said...

Good guesses! The backpack comment was on the right track. I do remember him wearing his backpack. I also remember facing him with training fields 2 & 3 in the background. Another clue for me was the photographer, German Alegria. He's local, covers Galaxy games and he was the only photographer there that day. In fact, he was happy about that, saying, "No one else is here? Great! I'm putting my shots up on WireImage and I should get a lot of takers!"
So it all fits - and yes, I'm shorter than Lee as well.