Monday, February 12, 2007

I'm on a Mexican, whoa, radio

Among the many responses I received after my recent SI.com column was an invitation from a radio show to appear on a spot and discuss El Tri and LA Soccer. I joined stereogol this morning for a chat about El Tri's recent setback against the U.S. and to talk about the Beckham factor. They introduced me as an SI.com writer and an editor for LA Soccer News so it's cool to see that they're checking out the site.

If the interview is podcasted (which I think it is) I might go back and get the link for you guys. It's in Spanish though so maybe a few might not understand. I was a bit nervous so maybe even Spanish speakers might have trouble discerning my nervous-speak.

As far as what we talked about, I said I didn't think Jared Borgetti and Ramon Morales should be on El Tri anymore, I was surprised by Cuauhtemoc Blanco and think he can be useful in Gold Cup and/or Copa America but not much beyond and that Mexico needs to respect the US and MLS more.

I'd like to thank those guys on Stereo Gol. Sounds like they have a cool show out there. Will have to listen more often.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Luis, what was their reaction when you mentioned that Mexico needs to respect the US more?

L.B. said...

I don't recall them answering that question directly but they did seem down on the general reaction from the players after the game. I think they said that Mexico's whole mentality needs to change.

It was about a 15-minute spot but it flew by at about 100 miles an hour.

A.C. said...

You sounded good Luis - there was just a little static on the audio, but you made your points well.
Nicely done.

L.B. said...

Thanks!