Thursday, February 22, 2007

Memories of Becks

I was covering the Brazil-Belgium match in Kobe, Japan in 2002. It was after the US-Mexico war and I was enjoying watching Brazil in a World Cup for the first time. I was sitting in the media tribune and my seats were fantastic. I was about 20 rows up from the field. Absolutely fantastic.

Well, there in attendance was the English side that had pounded Denmark 3-0 days earlier in Niigata. I had been up there for that madness as well. England's entrance drew attention from the onlookers at Kobe Stadium but one certain spiky-haired player drew the most oohs and aahs. David Beckham's then-signature hairstyle was easily spotted amidst the players. I snapped a picture of him and the team but since I used a disposable film camera (film? ick) I have it stored in some shoe box somewhere. I'll try and scan it in at some point in the near future.

No comments: