Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Me-xi-co

Do remember to check back here over the course of the night. Mexico-Venezuela starts at 8 p.m. and I will try to post some blog thoughts before and during the game. Afterward, I might just pack up, do my interviews and hit the road.

I'm taking my trusty camera so I should have some cool pictures to share.

I think the game is on Telemundo. As far as a prediction, well, I can't imagine Venezuela putting up a fight. Their guys are pretty much all domestic players. Mexico needs to come out focused and try and generate offense and finish. If Venezuela is to succeed, it will have to break down the untested international duo of Joaquin Beltran and Jonny Magallon, whom I expect to start in central defense. The backline could be shaky; none of the usual suspects back then. It's actually good because the players will play their way off the team in a meaningless game instead of in the Gold Cup or Copa America.

Having said that, I think Mexico will win 2-0 with Blanco and Guardado accounting for the goals.

Oh yeah, Mexico's staying at the Marriott in La Jolla for those wondering. If you get out there for that, let me know how it went over there. I think it could turn into the North San Diego Zoo for a few moments.

No comments: