Saturday, February 10, 2007

Donovan diss?

I guess there's always spin that can be placed on a situation. I was avoiding the main mixed zone section in the stadium because there's just so much pushing and shoving there as both the reporter and cameraman try to get into position. Print media are literally whacked on the head sometimes by the camera.

So I was a little further down the line, hoping players would stop on their way to the bus. Tim Howard, rushing to catch a flight, did not. Neither did Cuauhtemoc Blanco, but I don't think he had a flight to get to in a hurry.

Jimmy Conrad came by when I was interviewing someone else. I tried to catch his attention even as I kept recording, hoping he'd stop. He gave a little wave, then bumped and was slightly tripped by a trash can on the walkway. "Whoa," said Jimmy. "Give the can a red card."

Landon Donovan finally came by, one of the last players , hustled down the walkway by Pam Perkins, the team's manager.

"Landon!" I called out.

He stopped.

"Sorry, Andrea," said Pam, tugging on Landon's arm. "We've really got to go."

Landon looked apologetic, but obediently began walking. "Sorry," he said over his shoulder.

I suppose I can start my own rumor mill about how insulted I am.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good story, Andrea. Please write about it - and send it to Univision.

I'm just getting sick of the crap the Mexican press try to pull.