Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Local girl

I don't know if this qualifies as a soccer story with an IE angle or an IE story with a soccer angle but I wrote a story for The Press-Enterprise on Leticia Villalpando, a Moreno Valley girl who is trying to help Mexico reach the Olympics.

We've had IE products on Mexico before but I hadn't written on them partly because I couldn't track them down so I wanted to take the time and make sure I got a story on Villalpando this time around.

Mexico plays tonight against Jamaica.


A.C. said...

Go Mexico!
It's too bad the men had to go out for it to happen, the the amount of coverage the women are getting now is impressive. Little details like Mora (ex-UCLA) being ill adds to the drama and probably wouldn't have been mentioned before.

Anonymous said...

Mexico 8-1 results v Jamaica