Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Landon chat, part 1

LD had a chat at ESPN Deportes. I'll translate the piece in segments.

Landon Donovan: Hi everyone. Sorry, I’m late, but I’m ready for questions now.
_______________________________________

Emmanuel Campa (Hermosillo, Sonora):Do you think MLS has raised the level of play with new players like David Beckham, Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Claudio Lopez?

Landon Donovan: Of course. In the past, we had good players, too, but with the credentials of the newcomers, these players are even better.

________________________________________

Juan C Fort Worth, TX: If they were to offer you a contract for a team in Mexico, would you accept? Which team would you like to play for in Mexico?

Landon Donovan: I play every style – if there was an opportunity that interested me, of course I’d g oto Mexico, but I’m happy right now in Los Angeles.

________________________________________

Ari Camden, New Jersey: Do you think mentality plays a big role in a game? Mexico has better players, but the U.S. always wins – what do you think?

Landon Donovan: I believe the talent is nearly equal between the two. Sure, the mentality we have in the games in better than that of Mexico.

________________________________________

Carlos: Landon, some said that you’d be World champions in 2010 – do they still believe that?

Landon Donovan: It’s very hard tos ay how things Hill go for us in a World Cup. The ones that say we’ll win in 2010 don’t play the games. I’ve not said that, but we’re getting better and if we have a good mental attitude, everything is possible.

________________________________________

Gonsalo, Guatemala: How did you begin to like soccer when in the U.S. people are only intersted in baseball and American football. Who is your favorite player?

Landon Donovan: When I was young, my brother played soccer. I’m not sure why. I always wanted to do what my brother did. My favorite player, when I was little, was Roberto Baggio.

_______________________________________

Guadalajara Mexico: Would you like MLS to particpate in Copa Libertadores, and why?

Landon Donovan: Yes, that would be fantastic for us. The only problem is all the travel. It’s very hard to fly 8,10, 12, for a Saturday game. But it’s possible and it would be fantastic for us and MLS.

1 comment:

nothingtoseehere said...

Thanks for the translation. Looks like an interesting chat.