Monday, July 2, 2007

Legion-less

Many people were wondering where Legion 1908 was for Chivas USA's match against New England on Saturday. There didn't seem to be any Legion members there and if they were, they were there discreetly.

Thanks to my buddy Joel, I realized where they were. Chivas de Guadalajara played a friendly match in San Jose and apparently Legion made the trip to support Chivas. The game was a 1-1 draw.

That game had crossed my mind too. It was supposed to have been on television and I wondered briefly whether I should go check it out or not but decided against it because I didn't want to miss any of the Chivas USA-Revs match. Apparently, I was in the minority where that was concerned.

2 comments:

Longshoe said...

It was on TV, unfortunately for the American Goats.

It's a shame that they can't draw more fans, they're such a fun team to watch.

Joel Aceves said...

The Chivas friendly against Korean side Busan I'Park was a squad filled with players from the reserves, including sixteen year old Julio Nava!