Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Random Canadian thoughts

I was hoping to get some help from our Canadian readers. We get a few Canadians here on this board, and they are more than welcome to partake in our soccer passion.

I watched most of the Canada-Costa Rica match, checked the score of the Toronto FC-New York match and watched the last seven minutes of the Stanley Cup final game (I can't believe the Ducks won the Cup!!!) and the Blue Jays also played as well as the Canadian Under-20s.

I know, I'm adventurous, but I'm going out on a limb and saying that the Stanley Cup match was the biggest draw of the night. Okay, yeah, that's a bold statement I know.

But where did the other four follow in terms of interest and/or media coverage? Does Canada typically rally around a Canadian team like Ottawa in the Stanley Cup if one gets that far and plays against an American team, especially one in Southern California? And does that dwarf the rest of the sports in the country?

Just some random thoughts that raced through my head earlier this evening.

No comments: